Statement of Faith
We are a contemporary, evangelical church with an emphasis on the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19, 20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-39) – to love God and to love our fellow man.
We are intentionally missional in outlook as agents of change – transforming our community for Christ by the power of his love.
We value relationships and promote inclusion rather than exclusion, involvement rather than separation, family rather than individuality.
What We Believe
About the Bible
- The scripture in the Old and New Testaments which have been inspired by God shall be our Supreme authority for all matters of Christian belief and practice.
- We believe there is one God in three persons the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who came and lived on earth as a man and through His death and resurrection has conquered sin for all people.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ, when the dead are raised, some to eternal life and the remainder to eternal punishment and separation at the final judgement.
- We believe that in obedience to the Lord’s commands we should:
- teach and practice believers’ baptism by immersion as a profession of their faith; and
- observe the Lord’s Supper as an ongoing remembrance of the supreme sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit gives us new life the moment we confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour, and turn from our old way of life. Through the continuing work of the Holy Spirit we are purified and grow in our Christian life until we finally enter the “Heavenly” Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all people are sinners and can be set free only through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that people are saved from the penalty and power of sin through faith in the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ to the Father, in His atoning death, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His unchanging Priesthood.
Our Core Values
Download Core Values PDF Document – dBay Baptist – Core Values (2013)